Short-term Rental Update
Ordinance 5 of 2019, a Short-Term Rental (STR) Licensing Ordinance, was approved by the Board of Trustees at the regularly scheduled July 8, 2019 board meeting. This ordinance repeals and replaces the previous short-term rental ordinance which was passed on June 11, 2018.
Applications for STR can be submitted through this website.
Documents that will be helpful to Short-Term Rental Licensing applicants:
- Overview of application process:
- Forms needed during application process:
- Notification of STR to Neighboring Property Owner
- Affidavit of Notification of STR to Neighboring Property Owner
- Designation of Authority to Request an Application of a STR License (this form is only necessary if the property owner is having another person or management company apply for the license.)
- Documents which meet the required ordinance notification to your renters:
Who can help me in Planning & Zoning and how do I reach them? Leslie Couturier, Zoning Administrator, oversees the materials submitted for short-term rental applications. She can be reached at email@example.com or at (231) 947-8681, or by visiting the township hall at 1965 N. Three Mile Road. While you are always welcome to stop by, for guaranteed availability, appointments are appreciated to focus on your questions.